The Do’s and Don’ts of Gorgeous Skin!
Oftentimes we wonder why our skin doesn’t look as great as it can, so we try a ton of products hoping to turn things around. When all we really need to do to improve our skin is cut out some bad skin habits – and form some healthy new ones. Here are the do’s and don’t I live by for great skin!
- DO wash your face everyday. You’d think that this is an obvious step in a daily hygiene regimen, but you’d be surprised. Gross pollutants from the environment, sweat, dead skin cells and anything else that comes in contact with your face can wreak havoc on your skin. So do yourself a favor and wash your face.
- DON’T go overboard with the cleansing. While you want to thoroughly cleanse your skin, don’t abuse it. Piping hot water, harsh cleansers and abrasive scrubs can do more harm than good. Roughing your face up won’t get you results any sooner, so take it easy and treat your skin with care.
- DO keep face cleansing towelettes by the bed. If you should start dozing off before making it to the bathroom sink, make sure you have some skin cleansing towelettes on your nightstand so you can still get your face clean.
- DON’T go to bed with makeup on. Ever. If I’ve had a late night, I don’t even let myself sit or get too comfortable. I go straight to the bathroom, remove my makeup and wash my face.
- DO use products for your skin type. Just because your friend with dry skin swears by a rich face cream, that doesn’t mean your oily skin will get the same results. Whether your skin is dry, oily, sensitive or combination, there are products out there made just for your skin type. So use them!
- DON’T touch your face. Your hands are full of blemish-causing germs and oil. Do you really want those on your face? Yeah, I didn’t think so.
- DO clean your cell phone. You’d be shocked at how many germs there are on a cell phone, even more if you have a touch screen. Wipe it down with a cotton pad moistening with running alcohol, and be sure not get any inside the speaker or headphone holes. Wipe down your phone at work with a disinfectant wipe, too.
- DON’T sleep on the skin care benefits of exercise. Not only does exercising reduce stress, which lowers blemish-causing hormones, but it also helps flush toxins out of your skin. So, get your workout on, and be sure to wash your face afterwards!
- DO drink water. Drinking water is another great way to flush toxins from the skin, plus it also helps to plump up skin. So invest in a cute water bottle to make sure you always have H2O nearby!
- DON’T forget to be consistent. While it’s great to start taking better care of your skin, you’ll never see results if you don’t keep it up. Don’t stick with it and you’ll see gorgeous skin in no time!
Do you practice any of these tips? What steps do you take to keep your skin looking great? Share in the comments!