Vapour Beauty Siren Lipstick + Mesmerize Shimmer Eye Color, Spring/Summer 2012 Shades
I’ve been anxious to try out Vapour Beauty for the longest time! I’ve long wanted to incorporate more “green” beauty products into my arsenal, but most natural cosmetics brands leave much to be desired. Either the products aren’t effective, the pigments are weak, or they don’t offer any shades that are complimentary to deeper skin tones. However, prestige beauty brand Vapour Beauty’s co-founder Eric Sakas is the former President and Creative Director of Kevyn Aucoin Beauty (one of my fave brands!) and knows how to create luxe beauty products with rich color!
I recently had the opportunity to try some new products from the Vapour Beauty Spring/Summer 2012 collection, including the Siren Lipstick and Mesmerize Shimmer Eye Color. Both items are part of Vapour’s permanent collections, but have three new shades each for spring.
Siren Lipstick is 100% natural and chemical free and contains 70% certified organic ingredients (the remaining 30% are made up of natural pigments and vitamins). I tried Siren Lipstick, $22 in the new shades Tempest, a juicy, bright berry, Au Pair, a pretty pinky-mauve, and Coquette, a perfectly on-trend coral. I absolutely loved these! They gave great, richly pigmented color yet still managed to be sheer, giving a very natural, pretty look. And they were super moisturizing to boot! Hands down, my favorite item of the Spring/Summer collection!
Mesmerize Shimmer Eye Color, $18, is a sheer, luminous eye color that also provides nourishing antioxidants to the delicate skin around the eyes. It, too, is 100% natural and chemical free and contains 70% certified organic ingredients (the remaining 30% are made up of natural pigments and vitamins). I tried Obsess, a warm golden green, Seduce, an iridescent vampy plum, and Provoke, a shimmery pastel pink. I found these to apply and wear best with a primer underneath. I tend to stick with neutral eye colors and personally would have opted for a bronze-type shade from the main collection. However, the sheer, luminescent quality of the shades I have will make them a good base for layering with other shades for a unique look.
Overall, I was incredibly pleased with the Vapour Beauty products I tried! The colors were rich and beautiful, and the formulas delivered what they promised while feeling good on the skin. I highly recommend! I have a few more products from the brand that I’ll be sharing soon, so stay tuned! The Vapor Beauty Spring/Summer 2012 collection will be available soon at VapourBeauty.com, SpiritBeautyLounge.com and B-Glowing.com.