Bombshell Style: Rock a Fedora this Winter + 30 Fedora’s Under $60
If there is one accessory that I love to wear this time of year, it’s a good topper, my favorite type being the fedora. I just love the sexy, cool, menswear-inspired vibe a fedora gives an ensemble. Celebs Mary J. Blige and Queen Latifah have been spotted sporting fedoras in the last couple of weeks, and I love how the ladies are rocking the look. Since I’ve gone natural, my hair has gotten rather huge for hats, but I’m determined to make it work somehow, Lol!
Here are my tips for rocking this trend:
- Give a little ‘tude! The key to looking more like Mary J., rather than like Inspector Gadget, is all in the attitude! Whether you tip the brim a little or a lot, doing so will give your look a more fashionable flair.
- Keep your ensemble menswear-inspired. Fedoras look better with trim, tailored pants, blouses and jackets, than they do with dresses and baggy sweaters. You don’t have to wear a suit for goodness sake, but keeping your look streamlined and with a feminine-meets-masculine edge, makes more sense.
- Wear a FIERCE coat. Your down puffer coat simply won’t do when wearing this look. This is the time to break out your nice wool coat. I’ve always ben partial to trench styles, and this season I”m all about the cape.
- Protect your strands! A wool hat can not only be stylish, but it also keeps your head warm in harsh winter elements. The downside? Wool hats can be drying to hair and can cause breakage. Prevent this by wearing hats that are lined with satin or silk.
- Take your makeup up a notch. I’m all about drama (as my friends will tell you!), and when I wear this look, I love to dial up the drama factor with a bold lip or smoky eye. This season I’m obsessed with rich, deep berry lips and metallic, gunmetal shades on eyelids.