Ok, I am seriously out of order for just now posting this to the blog. Especially since I’ve been writing about it on Twitter and Facebook all week. But I figured I’d share the news now, just in case any of my bombshells hadn’t heard! Better late than never, right?!
Well, fan favorite MAC Cosmetics has just announced that nine beauty and fashion bloggers have been selected to release a limited edition collection of cosmetics, created by the bloggers themselves. MAC flew the bloggers to their factory in Toronto where they worked with MAC chemists to create their own custom shades. How cool is that? I, for one, am happy to see beauty bloggers get some industry recognition! Here’s the rundown on the shades:
Eye Shadow $14.50 U.S./$17.50 CDN
- Beauty Blogging Junkie â€“ Amber Katz http://www.beautybloggingjunkie.comSparkle Neely, Sparkle â€“ deep rusty brown withÂ champagne-colored sparkle
- Temptalia â€“ Christine Mielke http://www.temptalia.com Jealousy Wakes Â – seething emerald green withÂ teal and gold pearl
- Lipstick Powder N Paint â€“ Lesley Ellen Mirza http://www.lipstickpowdernpaint.com Parisian Skies â€“ muted grey-blue
- The Makeup Girl â€“ Lianne Farbes http://www.themakeupgirl.net Hocus Pocus â€“ dark sooty grey with silver pearl
Lipglass $14.50 U.S./$17.50 CDN
- Makeup and Beauty Blog â€“ Karen Monterichard http://www.makeupandbeautyblog.comEvolution Revolution â€“ warm peachy pinkÂ with subtle purple, green and blue micro glitter
- Afrobella â€“ Patrice Yursik http://www.afrobella.com All Of My Purple Life â€“ deep purple/grape with subtle sparkle
- Beauty Maverick â€“ Lily Nima http://www.beautymaverick.comCaqui – persimmon orange
- The Shades of Â U â€“ Aileen De Los Angeles http://www.theshadesofu.comSonoran Rain â€“ deep coral-red with gold and silver pearl
- Nitrolicious â€“ Wendy Lam http://www.nitrolicious.comNitro:licious 2046 â€“ intense shiny red
This is a tremendous opportunity for each of the ladies, but I’m especially excited for Patrice of Afrobella and Lianne of The Makeup Girl. Not only are they representing for the brown girls, but I’ve spent time with each of them and they are truly lovely people! Lianne posted swatches of her shadow on her blog and it looks stunning, as does Patrice in the pic of herself wearing her lipglass on her Facebook page.
The entire collection will be available online only from June 21st through August 2nd. Will you be purchasing any items from the collection? If you could create your own cosmetic product, what would you create?